Autism and Learning Disability Care
Bridge Int’l Recruitment Ltd , we believe that all clients deserve care that fosters happiness, dignity, and independence. We also understand how important this type of care is for the over 1 million people in the UK with a learning disability and 700,000 people with autism. These disorders exist on a spectrum and as such the needs of the each person is as diverse as the community itself.
Choice, freedom, and independence are an important part of any care plan so that people can live fulfilling and self-determined lives. With this in mind, our carers work to empower their clients in order to enhance their quality of life, develop independent life skills, and improve communication. Furthermore, we value our client’s right to the opportunity to reach their individual potential, whilst fostering a sense of inclusion in all aspects of their life.
What does learning disability care involve?
Carers endeavour to provide care that is tailored to the individual’s symptoms and needs and that any coexisting conditions, such as epilepsy, are always appropriately considered.
- We provide this holistic service by respecting the following principles:
- Advocate independence and encourage clients to do things themselves
- Tailor care plans to your loved one’s needs and regularly review them
- Adapt to daily and long-term changes in a client’s symptoms and abilities
- Communicate with a person’s circle of support to ensure appropriate care is provided
- Empower clients to reach their goals to give them a sense of achievement
- Support people to achieve good mental and physical health